Dec 15, 2016

The Most Important Study Hack I Learned in Law School



One fact that a law student could never get away with in law school -- running out of time.  It is particularly so when you need to cram for an upcoming exam, time is on fastforward mode so how do you make the most out of it will make or break your chances of graduating.

I wasn't an honor student all throughout my years in law school except during my 'trying to impress the SO phase' in freshman year, so you better take these tips with a grain of salt.

Here is what I did;

I prioritized the law codals because you need to have a basic grasp of the laws and this allows you to zero in on the real issue in the exams questions. Now, I am not for memorization, it rarely works for me but I admit it helped at some point. I remember way back in first year, I was forced to memorize in verbatim the provisions in the Revised Penal Code. To this day, most of the provisions still stuck in my head (thank you Judge P.).

When I still had extra time, then I get to read my text book twice.  I would often read it once or twice before so during exams week, reading it once, or a second time (again) will be a lot easier.  Some people love to use highlighters, but whenever pressed for time, highlighting slows my reading pace. Later on, I ditched my highlighters.

IF I still had extra time left, I browsed my outline or digests. Great, still have time left? I would go over concepts and if I had written an outline, that would be great (I didn't, taking down notes is just such a pain for me)  that you are still not clear about. Then would  review the whole subject in my head just so you know, make a mental map of how the concepts are connected to the greater picture.


The Blogger is a senior law student (on indefinite leave) from Manila, Philippines, a digital marketer and former beauty pageant finalist.  Aside from this blog, she is passionate about content creation  and writes mostly about beauty, travel, dating and fitness --her articles achieving a total of over 1 million views from her featured hubs in HubPages.com. She also manages a number of social media communities on issues concerning environmental conservation, beauty, travel, and personal development.  On her free time, she dabbles as a judge for beauty pageants and manages a beauty & fitness startup and gobble a lots of cakes..  For collaborations, shoot her an email thru gmmurgirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment