Jul 15, 2014

Typhoon Glenda and Codal Review

'Upside down'

Typhoon Glenda (International name 'Rammasun') is pummeling Metro Manila right this moment as I am writing this post. A portion of our ceiling narrowly missed me as it fell cascading down the staircase where I was standing earlier. With electricity cut off, there is nothing left to do but pray and wait out, and then pray some more.

The wind is howling like an angry monster easily clearing anything on its path. With packed wind speed of 120 kph and gusts up to 165 kph, we are hoping it won't be as damaging as Yolanda. I hope it will not get any stronger, I hope the damage is not that great and more importantly, that there will be no casualty.

I am scared and living in a country lying in the typhoon belt never made me immune. It should have made me stone-faced dealing typhoons. Having narrowly escaped Ondoy's flash floods which submerged my home for a month should have made me a bit immune to floods but it didn't! I guess the only thing it left me is a lesson or two.

YET, No time to waste

There is nothing left to do but wait out, however, I'm not one who can sit still and do nothing. I've already packed some stuff for emergency evacuation if the water rises again. Being idle is not one activity I like hence, in between glancing outside my window and checking if the roof is still attached, I returned to my codal. Indeed, time is gold.

I hear some loud noises upstairs, I better check if the roof is still there.


Typhoon Glenda furiously slamming our glass panes



posted from Bloggeroid


The Blogger
Hi! I'm a law student from Manila, Philippines.  I did Political Science, then Industrial Relations major in H.R. (postgrad) studies from UP.  I vlog, weightlift, experiment with new makeup looks, try Bollywood and bellydance steps, and rant about my cray life in my YouTube channel.  Once in a blue moon, I create content for another YT channel,  10+ blogs,  20+ FB pages and in HubPages.  Check out my official site.  

No comments:

Post a Comment