Jun 10, 2015

Focus, Focus

I focus better when it involves food. :)
I noticed my dwindling interest in reading and find it hard to focus and motivate myself.  I only got a couple topics left but here I am needing a truckload of motivation.  This means I am in real deep trouble.

I admit,  I like to do many things all at the same time.  The variety fuels me and keeps me from getting bored.  Law school however is like a jealous and demanding lover.  It wants my undivided attention, unwavering commitment, dedication, and my loyalty.  If you are a restless soul like me,  being in law school is akin to being tied down in chains for the equivalent of four or five years.  It is like being married to someone not your soul-partner, or something like that, maybe.

These days,  I am addicted to everything fitness: cardio, strength-training, weight loss, fat-burning, the whole works.  I am so consumed with it that I become voracious for learning new things, new exercises,  weightlifting stuff and all of these take a huge chunk of my time.

Focus will lead to positive results and I am losing weight slowly but surely.  I am seeing amazing changes in my physique that I never imagined possible, I mean not even in my wildest dreams.

When you see results  in a matter of weeks,  it is addicting and pushes you to do more of it because you know that your efforts are effective.   I am not saying that law school will not lead me somewhere but it just takes a little more time for me to get there. There's the graduation,  the review, the bar exams itself and then the waiting.

On days that I miss my jogs, walks or gym workout I become restless.  I wish I could say the same when I miss my readings.  Actually I made a reading plan to serve as my guide so that I can review systematically.  Unfortunately,   right now that plan remained a plan,  the execution is just not happening.

Despite this, I am fully aware of the consequences if I don't straighten up.  I know that I'll be 'forced' to seriously do skydiving this year (I wish!) and work also on my digital marketing endeavors.

The thing is,  I have this obsession that if I do something then I have to excel in it.  For me, the worst thing one can do is to waste time and effort on something and end up with a mediocre product.

Focus. Focus on reading. Focus on everything law.  God help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment