Jul 2, 2013

My HP Photosmart All-in-One Printer Nightmare

All-in-One Printers seem to be the solution for a student's or small business owners' printing woes. This is my sad experience with the worst after-sales customer service I experienced with respect to a product from  HP. I bought an HP Photosmart Ink Advantage All-in-One printer model K510 about fifteen (15) months ago for a little less than PhP8000. It all went okay during the first round of the ink I got, then problems started to crop up, the most persistent one being -- the printer would not recognize the ink cartridge. The cartridges are of course brought from the same store where I purchased the printer. I never even used a refill. I don't have any knowledge about printer fixing so I did everything to somehow manage the problem which includes cleaning, restarting, etc. I literally felt that I am in the mercy of this expensive printer each time I want to print something. It would literally ruin my day, doing all that.

I got so frustrated that I stopped using the said printer altogether. It remained unused for the next four months or so. After which, I brought the printer to an authorized HP service center. I have no idea what they fixed in there but after about a week I got it back. Since it was still under warranty I never paid anything. So a few weeks of using it went by without any problem- and mind you I'm not a heavy user since I'm basically the only person in the house who does most printing - then the error message started showing again. It would print, then would show an error that the cartridge is not recognize, I mean, what the? I spent all that money expecting a seamless functioning printer and all I got are headaches each time. More than this, the rollers move so bad, that it would literally knock off the power!

I have never felt so cheated with this purchase. I bought this all in one printer thinking it would be a good investment and all but lo, I get frustrated each time I use it. The last straw came when, a few weeks back, I decided to bring it to the service center in the hope of somehow salvaging this worthless equipment. And you know what I found out? The CSR there told me that HP no longer services or repairs this printer and it is either I get a replacement or buy a new one. Sadly, I am no longer under warranty, so that means getting replacement which would literally cost me the same as buying a new printer. Whaat? So it is the same as saying I should just throw this printer. It is like buying a disposable printer that you would have no choice but to dispose of after a year.

This is not good and so unfair to consumers like me! I can't just sit down and let this horrible after sales conduct go on. It's like they are saying it's my fault that I bought this printer, and that it's my fault that it is no longer under warranty. What kind of customer service is that HP?


1 comment:

  1. I got this printer (k510a) a year ago and ran into the same problems after a few weeks. I took it back and they fixed it.

    I've only printed about 100 pages during its entire life span and I'm already getting the same error.

    I'm never buying an HP printer again.

    ReplyDelete