Apr 16, 2015

Lawyering and the Digital Age

Credits to Social Media Today via Flick
(Photo under CC Attribution 2.0 License)
I am very much involved in the digital marketing field. It is a very fascinating and dynamic industry that changes in leaps and bounds in just a matter of days. Given this very mutable character, a digital marketer has to be on top of everything, he must be in the know of the latest trend in digital, in tech, in app development, and if possible all the buzz that's going on online.

This is why it perplexes me simply thinking about the consequences of the Digital era to the practice of law not only in the Philippines.  Lawyers must create a balance between practice and the spiraling digital transformation of almost every aspect of everyday realities.

Note that it is unethical for our lawyers to advertise their legal services anywhere be it in print,  radio or online. Considering the dynamics of digital media and the reality that almost everyone -- even lawyers and law firms, maintain an online presence be it via a website, a blog, a FaceBook, etc., the line between what's ethical and what's not seems blurred.

It is really a big concern for me because my passion is in digital marketing and after a couple of years, I will be joining the legal profession.  It makes me wonder how the legal profession landscape will look like by that time vis-a-vie these fast-paced developments brought about by the digital transformation of our reality.

The Blogger
Hi! I'm a law student from Manila, Philippines.  I did Political Science, then Industrial Relations major in H.R. (postgrad) studies from UP.  I vlog, weightlift, experiment with new makeup looks, try Bollywood and bellydance steps, and rant about my cray life in my YouTube channel.  Once in a blue moon, I create content for another YT channel,  10+ blogs,  20+ FB pages and in HubPages.  Check out my official site.  

No comments:

Post a Comment