Apr 12, 2015

My Pre-Lawyering Bucketlist

Photo credits to Pascal via Flicker

I have this list of things, kind of a 'bucketlist before I become a lawyer' to do list.

1. I need to be financially stable before I become a lawyer.

I do not know what is more depressing, is it studying law with little finances or being a lawyer already and trading all your to time to earn more. Being a law student and working all at the same time, I would often end up working instead and putting law school on hold for a semester or two.  In the same manner, I think that if you really want to enjoy the practice as a lawyer, money should not be the prime driving force.

2.  I need to have an established business before I become a lawyer.

I have this picture of how lawyer's life can be so busy and toxic and  how it's gonna be work, work, work, so if I have dreams of putting up my own business of whatever nature then I better have it up and running before I become a lawyer.


3. I need to have accumulated a sufficient amount of capital to start my own firm.

I know this one sounds really crazy but I have this vision that if I have enough capital by the time I pass the bar, I can start a law firm. lol  As they say, dream big, because dreaming is free! Of course you need capital to do that.

4.  I need to be in my ideal fitness state before I become a lawyer

Lawyering is stressful in itself and if you do not put effort to be fit I do not think it would be easier once you become a lawyer.  Being fit right now is already hard, I cannot imagine how to have time to go to the gym and work 16 hours of labor being a lawyer.  I ain't having that kind of life.

5. I need to travel to as many places as I can before I become a lawyer.

Let's face it, being a lawyer can be really time-draining and the only time you can get a long vacation would be holidays.

I know, my list is out there but that's just me. Do you have anything like this if at all?  Show some love and leave your comments and reactions below.

The Blogger
Hi! I'm a law student from Manila, Philippines.  I did Political Science, then Industrial Relations major in H.R. (postgrad) studies from UP.  I vlog, weightlift, experiment with new makeup looks, try Bollywood and bellydance steps, and rant about my cray life in my YouTube channel.  Once in a blue moon, I create content for another YT channel,  10+ blogs,  20+ FB pages and in HubPages.  Check out my official site.  

No comments:

Post a Comment