Mar 14, 2016

How I Survive Exams Week

Pre-exam week night out with my best party buddy
(Photo credits: Prive Luxury Club, BGC)


Hey fellas, it is exams week in law school again and the best way I deal with it?  Of course, I party on the pre-week!  Well, you cannot cram half a semester's worth of readings a week before your exams right? Just kidding.

In reality,  the best way to deal with exams is to study and read every single day.  That way, come pre-exams week, all you need to do is just go over your outline, read the law,  visit your digests and voila, you are all set.  So yes, I do party sometimes but I have not been remiss in my reading responsibilities.  Always finish the dirty before partying, of course!

I know this seems easier said than done, especially if you skip a lot of daily readings.  The trick is, you should never, ever skip your daily reading quota.  Even when there are days I don't get to attend some of my classes due to some emergency, I still attempt to read the class coverage for the day.

Being in law school requires a lot of reading but one thing you must remember is that all those time you spent for reading is like depositing to your brain bank. This investment will soon be useful to you come exams time!  Never ever underestimate the product of those daily sacrifices we make in law school.



(Photo credits: Wendell)

So there you go folks. Read, read, read.  It doesn't hurt to party a bit to break the monotony and release all the stress during the week.  To some it might be anti-productive but for me, that is how I roll.  Most importantly, it is not useless partying,  you get to network with a lot of people.  In our industry,  having a wide network is gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment