Jul 15, 2014

I Got Myself a Drill Sergeant aka Study Coach

Image Source: Wikipedia.org
Original by John Kennicutt, U.S. Marine Corps

Whaaaat?!

I already imagine seeing a lot of brows raised.  People hire life coaches, so why not a law study coach? I study on my own but when you are on-leave, it is a totally different story.

I cannot study unsupervised when I'm out of school so in order to make each moment count, I enlisted the help of a dear 'friend-turned-study coach'. I hate that it sounds friggin' geeky but not anymore when the reward is a trip to the next World Cup, yey! I know that's four, long years away but I'll take any deal just to go somewhere, for FREE!

Mind you, no exchange of money for this. One thing I learn in law school is to negotiate at all times! I did a barter to give my friend a kick in his bum so he'll keep on track for his review for medical license.

The Rules

As part of our rules, I have to 'report' by posting seriously 'study' photos of what I'm doing for a given day (check out left sidebar). Think of this person as my personal Drill Sergeant who will make me do the impossible. Not only that, I have a timeline of what I'm supposed to cover for a 2-week period. It isn't foolproof I know but who am I kidding? Not myself, so I better get serious.

I have to admit, it is difficult but doable. I have a million things to do everyday that I often slump asleep in my working chair. Having a study coach will push me to move from point A to B, by force. As much as I like the idea of reading leisurely, being whipped and forced to do it will give greater results.

Let's see how this pans out but honestly, I'm stoked. To productivity! Ciao!

The Blogger

Hi! I'm a law student from Manila, Philippines.  I did Political Science, then Industrial Relations major in H.R. (postgrad) studies from UP.  I vlog, weightlift, experiment with new makeup looks, try Bollywood and bellydance steps, and rant about my cray life in my YouTube channel.  Once in a blue moon, I create content for another YT channel,  10+ blogs,  20+ FB pages and in HubPages.  Check out my official site.  

No comments:

Post a Comment