Mar 23, 2015

How I Come to Love Taxation Law

The 2014 Bar Exams results is almost out! The date given by the SC is March 26, so keep posted for any updates.

Taxation subject in the bar exams is considered to be one of the most difficult according to many people.  Those who were not fortunate to pass would sometimes point to their relatively low scores in this subject.  So it is it not common for many law students to enjoy this subject.  However, for me, this notoriety only served to pique my interest.

This perception of taxation among law students may be attributed to the fact that nobody really likes taxation as a part of one's duties being a citizen of a state.  It is a fact of life that everyone has to contend with unless you live in Brunei,  Belize or some other countries which do not require their citizens to pay taxes.

I have been curious about taxation as a subject and adamant when I took it. Many people loathe it. Maybe because it has to do with numbers which I hate,  at first I did not enjoy studying it.  Apart from this,  there are so many cases for each topic in the outline that was given to us.  Nevertheless,  I ended up challenging myself to either love it or hate it.  For purposes of enjoying my studies,  I chose to devote more time to this subject.  Perhaps that helped.

I managed to get good grades during my first Tax I.  That gave me an incentive to put on more hours to understand the subject fully.  It may sound sarcastic or sadistic but I came to love taxation.  The cases were especially straightforward meaning you will know what the issue is all about so easily.

That's how I come to love this subject.  When it was time for me to take Tax 2 class,  I thoroughly enjoyed the discussion and in fact,  I preferred it among all my other subjects during the semester. Weird huh?

I often see difficult subjects as challenges and it makes me devote more time and really try to understand it, to the point of obessessing over it.  I think it paid off.

The Blogger
Hi! I'm a law student from Manila, Philippines.  I did Political Science, then Industrial Relations major in H.R. (postgrad) studies from UP.  I vlog, weightlift, experiment with new makeup looks, try Bollywood and bellydance steps, and rant about my cray life in my YouTube channel.  Once in a blue moon, I create content for another YT channel,  10+ blogs,  20+ FB pages and in HubPages.  Check out my official site.  

No comments:

Post a Comment