My Pre-Lawyering Bucketlist
![]() |
| Photo credits to Pascal via Flicker |
I have this list of things, kind of a 'bucketlist before I become a lawyer' to do list.
1. I need to be financially stable before I become a lawyer.
I do not know what is more depressing, is it studying law with little finances or being a lawyer already and trading all your to time to earn more. Being a law student and working all at the same time, I would often end up working instead and putting law school on hold for a semester or two. In the same manner, I think that if you really want to enjoy the practice as a lawyer, money should not be the prime driving force.
2. I need to have an established business before I become a lawyer.
I have this picture of how lawyer's life can be so busy and toxic and how it's gonna be work, work, work, so if I have dreams of putting up my own business of whatever nature then I better have it up and running before I become a lawyer.
3. I need to have accumulated a sufficient amount of capital to start my own firm.
I know this one sounds really crazy but I have this vision that if I have enough capital by the time I pass the bar, I can start a law firm. lol As they say, dream big, because dreaming is free! Of course you need capital to do that.
4. I need to be in my ideal fitness state before I become a lawyer
Lawyering is stressful in itself and if you do not put effort to be fit I do not think it would be easier once you become a lawyer. Being fit right now is already hard, I cannot imagine how to have time to go to the gym and work 16 hours of labor being a lawyer. I ain't having that kind of life.
5. I need to travel to as many places as I can before I become a lawyer.
Let's face it, being a lawyer can be really time-draining and the only time you can get a long vacation would be holidays.
I know, my list is out there but that's just me. Do you have anything like this if at all? Show some love and leave your comments and reactions below.

Comments
Post a Comment